Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dispatch from Dun Morogh and Ironforge, with His Majesty, King Magni Bronzebeard

Greetings once again, World of WarCraft fans! King Magni Bronzebeard of Dun Morogh and Ironforge here, hangin' out in my Royal Throne Room, and very regally playin' it cool!

Lotsa great stuff goin' on for April, assuming that you can figure out the press releases we like to post from time to time here at Blizzard Entertainment Headquarters in beautiful, downtown Irvine, California --- but lately, I'm not exactly in the loop here. I guess, like most of you Dwarf-lovin' dudes and dudettes, I was just a little too over the moon after reading the World of WarCraft comic book --- specifically, the sections where yours truly figures most prominently. (I love being a co-star in a comic book!) Hey, I'm as much into DC Comics as the next person, but when all is really said and done, I'd rather be out bashin' a couple of heads and doing my little bit to make sure that Good always wins against Evil!

But you know somethin', kids? Good vs. Evil isn't the challenge that it used to be these days. I watched all the Presidential hoopla in January --- and I'm not exactly what you'd call an Obama fan. Don't get me wrong here: he's a real neat kinda guy, and he's got a totally excellent First Lady, not to mention two lovely daughters who get to talk about their Daddy being in the White House every day .... Thing is, like a lotta you folks, I've been overdosing on CNN, MSNBC and Fox News. And while I personally don't look the part, I've been spendin' weeks makin' like Rodin's The Thinker. Wouldn't surprise me if the Thinker himself did a guest-blog slot here at Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft. That'd be REALLY cool!

By the way, what's up with this movie called Slumdog Millionaire? Maybe I didn't catch it on the big screen, but from what I've been hearing, I gotta do some scramblin' if I wanna get the thing on DVD, let alone Blu-ray. Word on the street is, Virgin Megastore is gonna shut down all its U.S. locations by the end of June. Which means that, with no Tower Records to speak of, there is absolutely no national video store around to devote itself to sellin' the best movies on DVD! Some of you might be sayin': "C'mon, Bronzie --- what about Blockbuster Video?" Hear me out, gang: the jury is still out as far as Blockbuster Video goes! And as for Best Buy, I don't see that baby lasting all the way to another Christmas, dude.

By the time you guys finish reading this, our latest contest'll be over. We asked you out there to design and illustrate your ideas of what you'd do if the higher-ups at Blizzard asked YOU to develop a Blizzard Entertainment theme park, packed with all the rollercoasters, water rides, shows and live entertainment, shopping areas, food courts, game areas, and other way-cool stuff you wanted. Now, next week, when you groove to Blizzard.com, we'll tell you who we chose --- and maybe, we'll make our own CGI animated short of all of us Blizzard characters hangin' out at the winner's dream theme park! (Now is that cool, or what?)

And what's even cooler than us having our very own Theme Park? BlizzCon 4, that's what! Friday and Saturday, August 21 and 22nd, kids: We take over the Anaheim Convention Center --- and do pretty much everything we did the last three times we were there --- along with plenty of new stuff, too! (And since Disneyland is a skosh or two away from the Convention Center, we get to hang out with the Squidbeard dude himself --- Davy Jones, from the Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy!)

Well, I gotta wrap this up, kiddos. Being a Dwarven King may be cool, but matters of state always gotta come first. The dignity thing, y'know. Catch ya later, Dwarf-lovin' dudes and dudettes!

Love,

Bronzie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home