Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Thursday, August 26, 2004

The Wonders of Manhattan

The more I see of these Mortals, the more it makes me wonder how I have managed to survive over 4800 years without having to deal with silly people. Also, there's this little thing about typographic errors where I don't do too well in terms of spelling (luckily, the goodlies here at Blogger.com have this jolly little spell check mechanism that will give me the prowess of taking this silly nonsense on.

Anywho, I am now enjoying a wondrous life here in ye Byg Appyl. Like my Mortal-born alter ego, Master Richard, I have had all sorts of spectacular things happen to me. When I'm not tagging along with Thor the Barbarian (http://www.thorthebarbarian.com), I'm usually scribbling my Site of the Issue column for the Ink Blot Newsletter, published by the Fellowship of the Black Spot of West Allis, Wisconsin (http://www.fbshq.org), which has just recently gone digital; or simply popping up in New York's various parks, where I like to indulge in peoplewatching; or else, as is my present case, I'm waiting to answer the siren call of the Scottish Highlands, as I do each 4th Saturday in August.

Clan MacDuff, as they call themselves, is an amalgamation of 15 former Scottish Clans from across the Greater New York/New Jersey Region. Today, it is the only surviving Scottish Clan in the New York area. Through its century and several score-year existence, it has been home to many a would-be Highlander. I am happy to number it amongst the few places worthy of mention in this Diary of Magecraft.

Old Westbury Gardens, the site of the former Phipps family residence, has hosted these Scottish Games since 1970. It ranks as one of the Eastern Region's largest single-day Scottish Games events, attracting between 5000 and 6000 visitors per year. Their home page, http://www.liscots.org, would tell you more of the Clan's saga than I could; then again, as always, I am but a mere Mage!

But often times, I like to journey to Times Square --- The Crossroads of the World --- where, strumming on his trusty guitar and crooning his theme song to the delight (or disgust, if one truly feels that way) of many, one can find the Naked Cowboy ["comin' to a town near you"]. I have already had a proper look at http://www.nakedcowboy.com and have found there a very intriguing and personal story; though one would say that the said story is not as simple as mine own, I would suspect that it is a tale nonetheless filled with equal surfeits of triumph, tragedy and personal epiphany.

Oh boy! Working on your first two pages of blog is one thing; doing your darndest to have them make proper sense --- that's something else. So at this point, methinks I shall stop before I even attempt to bore my readers to death! My word, I never thought I'd get this far!

Until next time,

Master Blackwolf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home