Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Message from Father Time

Howdy-do, Mortals!

Father Time here, greeting you from my Tick-Tock Throne, here in my Palace of the Years. (Yes, that's the very same set you may recall from Rankin/Bass' Rudolph's Shiny New Year. What a joy it was, filming that adventure! What you may not know was that, when those Animagic cameras weren't rolling, Santa and I shared a few memories of all our many adventures together; and I managed to secure not only Rudolph's autograph, but Arthur's and Jules' as well! Cool, huh? [Heh-heh!])

Anyway, Blackwolf the Dragonmaster, New York City's Unofficial Wizard, has granted me permission to guest-write in his Diary of Magecraft so that I could clue you Mortals in on what I've been up to since we made Rudolph's Shiny New Year. Needless to say, there are more islands in the Archipelago of Last Years than ever before; and I still look after stuff here --- but the reason I made my aforementioned request to Master Blackwolf is a rather simple one, really.

Folks, I'm declaring 2006 the Year of Imagination.

Recently, I had the horrifying displeasure of reading the assessment of the people at
Rolling Stone Magazine: namely,
that 2005 sucked! As you can imagine, we were quite shocked by that here in the ol' Palace.
Why, I can't even recall a time when you Mortals were angrier in one year than ever before
--- waitaminnit, yes I can: that was 1968! (I guess my memory's not as fast as it once was these days.)

Regardless, there are people out there, from J.K. Rowling to George R. R. Martin, from my pals at DC Comics to the gang on the WB's Smallville, who are now more determined than ever to inflict their imaginative talents on the Planet in 2006 --- and that is why, to salute their legions of fans across the Multiverse, I have designated 2006 the Year of Imagination! Needless to say, in Pasadena, California, the folks at the Tournament of Roses are in sync with my agenda, which explains this year's Rose Parade theme: It's Magical!

I hope you can join me, Master Blackwolf and every other Defender of Imagination across cyberspace and beyond in saluting the Year of Imagination --- I'm sure you will find much across the cosmos to spark your imaginations no matter where you are. Dream on!

Your pal 'round the clock,

Father Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home