Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Few Thoughts on Dignity

Y'know, kids, there will always be those twits who, as usual, do and don't get it about me. Always a word or two is misinterpreted and whatnot -- and more often than not, I end up getting into all sorts of trouble because of it.

As always, there will be more and more silly people to give this foolish old Wizard no end of grief. There's just not enough decency around Manhattan these days to allow one mere Mage to do his thing in peace. One need only behave like one of these so-called "enforcers," and one will notice just how fearful the fellow on the opposite end of the spectrum can sometimes become. That, I fear, is often the attitude that permeates New York, and has done so for over three centuries. Historically, others have moved on; some other days, I would say to you, the rest of us tend to stock out our inner Jason McCord. (If you are familiar with the theme song from the short-lived Chuck Connors Western drama Branded, then immediately you get the idea.)

My point, dear Mortals, is that if Blackwolf sounds as though he wants to take on the Planet in general, have no fear --- I am little more than a Wizard battling the vast minefield of confusion and occasional chaos otherwise known as New York City, in an attempt to simply keep my wits about me, whilst the rest of the cosmos is losing their wits. And that is all.

On my first day here, I seem to recall, I made the declaration that this town and I were stuck with each other. Sooner or later, the day will come when I'll have to reassess that statement. Until then --- Mischief managed!

As ever,

Master Blackwolf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home