Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Back to the ol' Diary of Magecraft at last! Huzzah!

Oh joy! A decent, thankfully quiet Wednesday --- and at last I have a chance to scribble something in here, for once! My Diary of Magecraft has been idle for too long, say I; and I haven't posted a damn thing in here --- but I'm back, and I'm happy, and that's enough.

In any case, it is now 72 hours and counting to our 9th Annual Tartan Saturday Afternoon Parade, where over 2000 Bagpipers and Drummers will tromp, honk and bang themselves down 6th Avenue, starting at West 44th Street and finishing at West 58th Street. There will be a whole mess of kilts, tartans, and happy Scotsfolk at the end of the day, bringing New York's glorious Tartan Week --- OK, Tartan Weeks (two of them, to be exact, because this year, Tartan Day per se was also Good Friday) --- to their happy conclusion!

As for me, I can't wait afterwards to get back to better --- preferably, sunnier --- weather (60-plus degree temperatures would make your Dragonmaster especially happy, thnak you very much!). I've frozen me Wizardly butt off one time too many!

But of all the people I've encountered so far in my journeys in 2007, Mortal-reckoning, none have struck a specific chord in me as much as New Jersey's own Patrick Barnes, a/k/a the incredible Bunnyman, Official Bodyguard of the Easter Bunny, and Champion of Truth, Justice and Niceness! I have read Patrick's Resignation from Adulthood, and I have found it to be in perfect tune with the mission statement of Electric Pirates Entertainment, your Dragonmaster's parent company: ".....to seek out the weird, the wild, and the misunderstood in all facets of the entertainment community." Patrick Barnes and Bunnyman, together, remind me exactly why, 22 1/2 years ago, Richard Washington sought out Blackbeard the Pirate's true spirit, and forged EPE and EPE Holdings, Inc. into the legends they are today. Huzzah! and hurrah!

Master Blackwolf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home