Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Further Progress Report on Quite an Imagination: The Story of New York's Unofficial Wizard

Well, Mortals, if we can just possibly forget the silliness and controversy of this past Wednesday, and if Mother Nature decides to behave --- which may not be the case on Sunday, in which case I shall have to wreak foul and mighty vengeance 'pon the Multiverse what dumped me hither --- your humble Dragonmaster would like to take this time to offer you lot a progress report on my feature-length documentary, Quite an Imagination: The Story of New York's Unofficial Wizard, an Electric Pirates Pictures/Eternal Damnation Production of a Film by Stephen Steinberg.

Stephen has answered my Saturday summons (Huzzah!), and we should be able to squeeze in a morning call or two at Bethesda Fountain upon the morrow. Now, our next scheduled segment to be filmed is Coney Island's 28th Annual Mermaid Parade; one can always count on dear Dick Zigun to present the strange, the bizarre, the unexpected --- and never more so than in his choice for this year's King Neptune and Queen Mermaid, blues legend Lou Reed and his wife, technoviolinist and avant-garde performance artist Laurie Anderson.

Lou and Laurie arrive at Coney direct from the successful Sydney Opera House world premiere performance of Laurie's rather howlish 20-minute work, Music for Dogs; though I must take Laurie to task because we Humans here in the States didn't get to hear it (or not hear it, as the case may be) first; I suspect, however, that someone had the good sense to observe the recital and put it on YouTube, in which case, do e-mail me and let me know. As for your Dragonmaster, myself, Stephen and our boom dude Orlando will be in the company of dear Debbie D. The Brown-hair'd Mermaid will, no doubt, have me and her Philadelphia and New Jersey colleagues pushing that rickety wooden float of hers along the Parade route --- with her on it! For those of you not in ye know, Debbie D and I were, and remain, loyal colleagues of mighty Thor the Barbarian; we've been the nucleus of Thor's television show since 2000. We still contact each other a decade later, and are still trying to come together to film --- well, anything!

As soon as I can clear up a few things, domestic, scheduling, and otherwise when we wrap up shooting this segment --- well, let me put it thusly: THOU ART NEXT, SHIRE OF STERLING!

Master Blackwolf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home