Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Random Ramblings from Master Blackwolf

Well, Mortals, assuming we have to deal with at least one or two wannabes in the genre, your Dragonmaster figures we have our #1, #2 and #3 contenders for next year's Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. Those three top films are, of course, How to Train Your Dragon; Shrek: Forever After; and the just-released Toy Story 3. Put simply, dearests: expect a catfight at the 83rd Oscars in March 2011. Why? Because it'll always be all about Pixar vs. DreamWorks Animation.

In fact, I wonder if there were an entire graphic novel about the Pixar and DreamWorks toon superstars coming together in the ultimate CGI animation smackdown! Why not? ClausNET.com has a link to an article about the ultimate Christmas Special war between two Rankin/Bass classics --- 1964's Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and 1970's Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. The article compares both shows, what makes them and their plotlines so cool, and why we can't help falling in love with them both.

Meanwhile, this is, in case you tuned in late, Father's Day, so I suppose, being a father myself, your Dragonmaster should share with you the results of my most recent conversation with mine own son, Master Yen Sid himself --- the very same Sorcerer who whacks Mickey in the butt toward the end of that classic Fantasia sequence. The kid tells me that the twit Bruckheimer didn't even bother giving him a walk-on, or even a consultant credit, on that new Sorcerer's Apprentice remake he's doing with Nicolas Cage. "Well, Yen Sid," I told the lad, "maybe you could talk to the guys up front." "I tried that already," sez Yen Sid. "All they do is gimme a 'talk-to-the-hand' kinda attitude, as though they weren't interested in my thoughts or something."

Well, ultimately, I had to dispense some good will out crapola in the end, just to make my son at least feel good about himself. Well, what can any of us do these days to keep ourselves emotionally challenged and stuff? Ah, me.

Anywho, I've talked enough for now. There's a potential package I may have to sign for on Wednesday, so I may have to stay home to find out what it is. I'll let you know what I find out....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home