Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Today's Guest Blogger: Gandalf the Grey!

Greetings once again, Lord of the Rings fans!

OK, I admit it: I, Mithrandir --- Gandalf, as I'm more popularly known --- miss hanging out with ol' Peter Jackson, too. But the old goat has moved on to bigger and greater adventures, and New Line Cinema has pretty much ceased to exist by now. So where does this leave the average Middle-earth fan? That's not an easy question to answer, especially during the current Christmas season.

Many are the journeys I have made since last I guest-blogged here at Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft; in the wake of Guillermo del Toro preparing to assume directorship of two Hobbit movies, the heirs of the Tolkien estate have subsequently expressed a slight degree of unhappiness over the project. Personally, and for reasons that are easy to figure out without uttering Elvish, I am at a loss to understand that unhappiness. Indeed, I should like to ask Christopher Tolkien and his fellow heirs to his father's legacy where they were in November 1977.

I mean, come on here: did we hear from you guys when Rankin/Bass did The Hobbit for NBC on the Sunday night after Thanksgiving 1977? No! You could have raised a big stink then; instead, you were of the notion that, if The Hobbit didn't inspire all the buzz which it subsequently did, you could've filed a bloomin' lawsuit any time you wanted to. Instead, you just let everything go.

Well, over two decades later, my fans love me even more thanks to Sir Ian McKellen; when Sir Alec Guinness was cast as the first Obi-wan Kenobi for Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope, he actually hated answering his fan mail. Luckily, Sir Ian has millions of Mithrandir maniacs up his butt like you wouldn't believe, and that, if nothing else, makes me pretty happy. Sorry we don't have too much in the way of magic to share with you this holiday, but you are nonetheless wished a joyous, prosperous Christmas; and congrats to our Brother Mage Blackwolf as he journeys toward his upcoming 400th Post here in the Diary of Magecraft. I'm sure the Dragonmaster will have plenty to say on that incredible morning.

Until next time,

Mithrandir

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home