Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blackwolf @ the Oscars 2010: 11 Days to Go, and a Few Other Dilemmas

Well, kids, the Oscar picture is becoming clearer with every new minute; however, your Dragonmaster may be forced to take drastic measures in order to properly watch the telecast.

Barbara Walters, as you might have heard, will cease production of her pre-Oscar specials after this year. Publicly, she has stated that she desires to move on, despite the fact that she's pushing 80-plus years old. But ol' Blackwolf is nothing if he is not capable of, as they say, keepin' it real; and the truth is simply that those in the shadows at ABC knew they weren't gonna be able to handle the same old pre-Oscar routine anymore. In the end, there is little else to be done save cut their losses and face the facts that the show won't be its ancient self next spring.

In a rare break with tradition, and, I think, something worthy of paying attention to, the producers have decided to dispense with production numbers accompanying the Best Original Song nominees. Here, dearests, is evidence that the days of kitsch are over when it comes to the Oscars. Doubtless those running the show seek nothing less than the exorcism of the 61st Annual Academy Awards, though I personally doubt what exactly lies ahead for the event's ultimate future.

In my case, I may, alas, resort to traveling to Times Square, there to watch the show from the Good Morning America SuperSign, where, presumably, the live feed from the Kodak Theatre will be simulcast. There is at least one alternative, though I cannot guarantee success for it: I may actually dare to venture to the restaurant Otto's Shrunken Head, for the purpose of hosting and/or crashing an Oscar Night party. Because let's face it: who do I truly know in the world of show business? I am but a mere Mage, not some blarsted mover and/or shaker; despite my prior encounters with Triumph, I remain, regrettably, a minor-league celebrity at best, and an Internet cult figure at least.

Needless to say, that hasn't stopped me before. I'm Blackwolf the Dragonmaster, dammit! Do you honestly think I'm going to let several rather large obstacles stand in me way? WRONG! There will, I suspect, be the little matter of ye cops wondering what the hell I'm doing out there; I pray I won't need to grumble, "Back off, jerk! I'm watchin' the Oscars!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home