Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Blackwolf figures stuff out fer the fans!

Well, kiddos, looks like it's official: Eddie Murphy shall indeed host the 84th Annual Academy Awards! Ah yes, Donkey's fans will, I imagine, have a party within the next few months, I shouldn't wonder. Don Mischer will again executive produce and direct the telecast next February; joining him will be filmmaker Brett Ratner, who has cast Eddie in his new thriller-comedy Tower Heist, which I think will be due later in in 2012.

One may expect the usual suspects to join Don behind the scenes: Bruce Vilanch, head writer; Roy Christopher, production designer; Bob Dickinson, lighting designer; Ret Turner and Pete Menefee, principal costume designers; Douglass M. Stewart, Jr., head of film package segments; Danette Herman, coordinating producer --- believe me, dearests, you need but visit Variety.com and THR.com that ye might get the full gist of what shall transpire at the Kodak Theatre next.

Meanwhile, I have found meself in the power of the mighty force that is Vegan Black Metal Chef. Not since Biker Billy Cooks with Fire has one man so taken the power of cooking and made it so incredibly cool! By Merlin's beard, the weirdness has indeed taken its toll!

As for your humble Dragonmaster, I shall be doing my usual rounds for the balance of September before preparing for my two big October gigs, the 27th Annual Medieval Festival at Fort Tryon Park, wherein Sir Aragorn, my Dragon companion, will join me and the King and Queen of Jerusalem as the new Royal Court; and then, of course, the 39th Annual Greenwich Village Halloween Parade. Once more, PIX/11 and NY1 will be sharing joint telecast coverage; 11's news team begins their coverage at 7 p.m. and extends into the PIX/11 News @ 10; whereas NY1 once again lets their morning dude Pat Kiernan stay up in primetime, starting at 8 p.m.

Meanwhile, me movie, Quite an Imagination: The Story of New York's Unofficial Wizard, will, if certain sillies get off their collective butts, have a rough cut prepared by the end of October. By then, I'll have finished me duties for 2011. All I can say, as ever, is stay ye tun'd!

Master Blackwolf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home