Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Why Your Dragonmaster Will Never Do Myspace!

A while back, I overheard someone say how there had been one or two complaints about people checking out Myspace.com (you will note that I am deliberately NOT linking thither, for the obvious reasons, which I shall make clear to you in a moment). I secretly panicked, and with good reason.

Earlier this year, someone e-emailed your Dragonmaster with the idea that I should market and advertise my Dark Chambers website through Myspace.com; though I did manage to kick the tires of that site around for a bit, it soon dawned upon me that I could not master Myspace according to the way I wanted it; in the end, I decided to disassociate meself from Myspace. As it turned out, the timing could not have been more perfect.

In recent weeks, as you all know, a series of controversies has erupted around Myspace and its alleged uses by certain undesirable Mortals. Had I made a further attempt to master Myspace, I am now sure that the results would have proven disastrous for myself as well as my reputation. You see, as a family-friendly Wizard, I made the commitment a long time ago to devote myself to matters of interest to children and pre-teens with 'Wizard savvy;' to tarnish that reputation would be detrimental to everything I stand for.

In developing mine own personal Code of Conduct, I do my darndest to live up to everyone's moral standards, mine own included. If, at times, I tend to come off as harsh and brutal, I hope you goodly gentles won't be too offended; that's just me voicing mine opinions fearlessly. I've never forgotten my promise to you Mortals that, as New York's Unofficial Wizard, I will make every effort to respect everyone's beliefs --- and believe me, I'll do whatever it takes to live up to that promise!

Having said all that, know this: Myspace is, simply put, dangerous. DO NOT attempt to visit there unless you are properly prepared to master its secrets.

Such is the word of Blackwolf the Dragonmaster!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home