Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

How to Annoy a Dragonmaster, 2006 Edition

Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible III. Tom Hanks in Ron Howard's Film of The Da Vinci Code. Love them or hate them, they are the movies that will, quite simply, rule summer 2006 --- and while they have still not quite yet hit theatres (though that will change about 72 or so hours from hence), both of them have one thing in common:

Both have succeeded in completely annoying your Dragonmaster.

What in Merlin's name is it, I wonder, about Tom Cruise? Does his very obsession with his new kid, Suri, and his recent actions prior thereto, irk me more than simply watching Bob Barker on The Price is Right --- or can it be that one actor can look so good, and wield so much power over Hollywood, that any one false move can result in one never doing lunch in this town again? Dare I even express my frustrations over what Tom's power holds for even us Magic-users?

And as for The Da Vinci Code --- how is it that one little book --- and at that, a mere adventure story, of all things! --- can have made so many Mortals so enraged? Why are so many people angered by the film, despite the fact that Columbia Pictures and Imagine Entertainment are still keeping certain bits of info on the film a closely guarded secret, the sole exception being, of course, that which they have posted on the official movie website?

Regardless, the two movies' respective popularities will be such that I shall be obviously powerless to prevent either from rocking me world; therefore, I am forced to embrace both --- and know, that in so doing, I warn readers of this Diary of Magecraft that I go into this kicking and screaming: There are forces at work which, left uncheck'd, will once more cause the son of Saemus the Strong to rage anew 'gainst ye dying o' ye light!

Shouldst thou wish, however, to set me straight, dear goodly gentles, thou knowst whither I can be reach'd: blackbeardian@yahoo.com.

Master Blackwolf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home