Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

And now, a word from Blackbeard the Pirate:

Alright, bilge rats! Blackbeard the Pirate here. Now shut up an' lissen:

Disney's just's released the first teaser trailer fer Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, due in theatres May 20th. As ye landlubbers know, Pirates 4 is an especially auspicious occasion for yer 'umble ol' pal Blackbeard, as it be me first major-studio movie in over 50 years; the last time I hit the big screen in a big way, the year wuz 1952. That Christmas Day, RKO Radio and Robert Newton (patron saint of Talk Like a Pirate Day) gave me all the magic I could muster, and me director than was Raoul Walsh. And naturally, that movie plaster'd me bloodthirsty name all over the screen, so's ye Mortals wouldn't ferget: Blackbeard, the Pirate! Cool, huh?

This is also the 15th official time the Jolly Roger has bin 'oisted over the airspace o' 500 South Buena Vista Street, not to mention me first Disney appearance since 1968. That film were Robert Stevenson's Blackbeard's Ghost, with scurvy ol' Peter Ustinov as me. They 'ad me alongside Dean Jones and Suzanne Pleshette, if'n I remembers correctly. This time, Ian McShane's playin' yers truly --- and not only that, Ted Elliott n' Terry Rossio made me into a daddy --- and Penelope Cruz is portrayin' me daughter Angelica! I can't tell ye much save that somehow, ol' Sparrow filches me daughter from me! How does he do it? You think I'll be tellin' ya that? No, fools! You sit on yer butts, me 'earties, and wait until May 20th to find out like everybody else, sez I, or I'll keelhaul ye fer certain!

Thar! Now that be all I'm sayin'! Now go see what ol' Blackwolf be up to!

Yers as always 'neath th' Jolly Roger,

Blackbeard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home