Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Thursday, May 05, 2011

The Fall of Osama: Blackwolf Reflects

Well, Mortals, I knew somehow I'd have to make some sort of comment in light of the recent events; I am choosing my words rather carefully, lest they be misconstrued, for this old Mage does his darndest to make his opinions clear. I'll let Neptune comment about Osama's lifeless corpse in his ocean in a moment, but first:

Americans today have cause to rejoice in the renewal of Lower Manhattan; I know I certainly do. Even now, alas, the celebration must be tempered with the simple truth that the war is still not yet over. Even an old Wizard such as meself must admit this; what bothers me, however, is what lies ahead. Mad-Eye Moody's ancient demand for CONSTANT VIGILANCE! becomes more and more a likelihood, even as I write these words. Indeed, in recent days, I have begun to sense a vendetta between Parks Enforcement personnel against the various street performers and musicians who, like me, have chosen the vicinity of Central Park's Bethesda Terrace and Fountain as our primary stomping grounds. It is, I would wot, the very vendetta Master Thoth refused to lead, which explains why, as I was later to learn, my beloved loony in the loincloth was of the notion that any attempt on his part to return to America would only hasten his death.

As far as your Dragonmaster is concerned, I myself have thus far been spared the horror of confronting the Parks cops; but, as you know, I am not one to press me luck. Besides, I don't stay where I ain't wanted, by Merlin's beard --- and I mean to keep it that way, especially now that I've got a Dragon to look after, much less a documentary movie to finish off.

Bottom line, dearests: rejoice, America, for these days are yours! And as much as I dislike the idea, I must agree with the President on this one: those photos must be sealed away from the eyes of the world, lest other Mortals be caused to seek revenge, or indulge in those annoying conspiracy theories or other such horrible nonsense. I must therefore recommend you watch this coming Sunday's 60 Minutes segment with Steve Kroft interviewing the President, before you even dare to make up your mind.

There. That's that. I've had my say. As I said, King Neptune will put his own two cents in on this shortly. Stay ye tun'd!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home