Blackwolf @ the Oscars 2012: And the Nominees Are.....
* The Artist, La Petite Reine; La Classe Americaine-uFilm/JD Prods.-France 3 Cinema; The Weinstein Co. Thomas Langmann, producer/presenter; Emmanuel Montamat, producer; Antoine de Cazotte, Daniel Delume and Richard Middleton, executive producers; Jeremy Burdek, Nadia Khamlichi, Adrian Politowski and Gilles Waterkeyn, co-producers.
* The Descendants, Ad Hominem Enterprises/Fox Searchlight/Newscorp. Alexander Payne, Jim Burke and Jim Taylor, producers; George Parra, co-producer.
* Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Scott Rudin Prods./Time Warner. Scott Rudin, producer; Nora Skinner and Celia Costas, executive producers; Talik Karam, co-producer.
* The Help, Dreamworks-Reliance Entertainment/Participant Media-Imagenation Abu Dhabi/1492 Pictures-Harbinger Pictures/Disney-Touchstone. Chris Columbus, Michael Barnathan and Brunson Green, producers; Mohammed Khalaf Al-Mazrouei, Nate Berkus, Tate Taylor, L. Dean Jones, Jr., Jennifer Blum, Mark Radcliffe, John Norris and Jeff Skull, executive producers; Sonya Lunsford, co-producer.
* Hugo, GK Films/Infinitum Nihil; Paramount-Viacom. Martin Scorsese, Graham King, Johnny Depp and Tim Headington, producers; Barbara Di Fina, David Crockett, Christi Dembrowski, Georgia Kacandes, Charles Newirth and Emma Tilinger, executive producers.
* Midnight in Paris, Gravier Prods.-Mediapro/Televisio de Catalunya/Versatil Cinema; Sony Pictures Classics. Letty Aronson, Stephen Tenenbaum and Jaume Roures, producers; Javier Mendez, executive producer; Jack Rollins, co-executive producer; Raphael Benoliel and Helen Robin, co-producers.
* Moneyball, Scott Rudin Prods.-Michael De Luca Prods./Film Rites-Specialty Films; Sony. Brad Pitt, Michael De Luca and Rachael Horovitz, producers; Andrew S. Karsch and Mark Bakshi, executive producers; Alissa Phillips, co-producer.
* The Tree of Life, Brace Cove Prods.-Plan B/River Road Entertainment; Fox Searchlight-Newscorp. Brad Pitt, Grant Hill, Bill Pohlad and Sarah Green, producers; Donald Rosenfeld, executive producer; Steve Schwartz and Paula-Mae Schwartz, co-executive producers.
* War Horse, Dreamworks-Reliance Entertainment/Kennedy-Marshall Co./Disney-Touchstone. Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy, producers; Frank Marshall and Revel Guest, executive producers; Adam Somner and Tracey Seaward, co-producers.
ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
* Demian Bichir as Carlos Galindo in A Better Life.
* George Clooney as Matt King in The Descendants.
* Jean Dujardin as George Valentin in The Artist.
* Gary Oldman as George Smiley in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.
* Brad Pitt as Billy Beane in Moneyball.
ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
* Glenn Close as Albert Nobbs.
* Viola Davis as Abileen Clark in The Help.
* Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
* Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady.
* Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe in My Week with Marilyn.
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
* Kenneth Branagh as Sir Laurence Olivier in My Week with Marilyn.
* Jonah Hill as Peter Brand in Moneyball.
* Nick Nolte as Paddy Conlon in Warrior.
* Christopher Plummer as Hal Fields in Beginners.
* Max von Sydow as the Renter in Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
* Berenice Bejo as Peppy Miller in The Artist.
* Jessica Chastain as Celia Foote in The Help.
* Melissa McCarthy as Megan in Bridesmaids.
* Janet McTeer as in Albert Nobbs.
* Octavia Spencer as Minny Jackson in The Help.
* Woody Allen, Midnight in Paris.
* Michel Hazanavicius, The Artist.
* Terrence Malick, The Tree of Life.
* Alexander Payne, The Descendants.
* Martin Scorsese, Hugo.
* Michel Hazanavicus, The Artist.
* Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo, Bridesmaids.
* J.C. Chandor, Margin Call.
* Woody Allen, Midnight in Paris.
* Asghar Farhadi, A Separation.
* Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon, Jim Rash, The Descendants. Based upon the novel by Kaui Hart Hemmings.
* John Logan, Hugo. Based upon the book The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick.
* George Clooney, Grant Heslov and Beau Willimon, The Ides of March. Based upon the stage play Farragut North by Beau Willimon.
* Steven Zaillian, Aaron Sorkin and Stan Chervin, Moneyball. Based upon the book Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game by Michael Lewis.
* Bridget O'Connor and Peter Straughan, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Based upon the novel by John le Carre.
* Guillaume Schiffman, The Artist.
* Jeff Cronenweth, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
* Robert Richardson, Hugo.
* Emmanuel Lubezki, The Tree of Life.
* Janusz Kaminski, War Horse.
ART DIRECTION/SET DECORATION
* Laurence Bennett and Robert Gould, The Artist.
* Stuart Craig and Stephenie McMillan, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2.
* Dante Ferretti and Francesca Lo Schaivo, Hugo.
* Anne Seibel and Helene Dubreuil, Midnight in Paris.
* Rick Carter and Lee Sandales, War Horse.
* Anne-Sophie Bion and Michel Hazanavicius, The Artist.
* Kevin Tent, The Descendants.
* Angus Wall and Kirk Baxter, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
* Thelma Schoonmaker, Hugo.
* Christopher Tellefsen, Moneyball.
* Lisy Christl, Anonymous.
* Mark Bridges, The Artist.
* Sandy Powell, Hugo.
* Michael O'Connor, Jane Eyre.
* Arianne Phillips, W.E.
* Martial Corneville, Lynn Johnson and Matthew W. Mungle, Albert Nobbs.
* Nick Dudman, Amanda Knight and Lisa Tomblin, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2.
* Mark Coulier and J. Roy Helland, The Iron Lady.
* John Williams, The Adventures of Tintin and War Horse.
* Ludovic Bource, The Artist.
* Howard Shore, Hugo.
* Alberto Iglesias, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.
* "Man or Muppet?" from The Muppets. Music and Lyrics by Bret McKenzie.
* "Real in Rio" from Rio. Words and music by Sergio Mendes, Carlinhos Brown and Siedah Garrett.
* Tim Burke, David Vickery, Greg Butler and John Richardson, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2.
* Robert Legato, Joss Williams, Ben Grossman and Alex Henning, Hugo.
* Erik Nash, John Rosengrant, Danny Gordon Taylor and Swen Gillberg, Real Steel.
* Joe Letteri, Dan Lemmon, R. Christopher White and Daniel Barrett, Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
* Scott Farrar, Scott Benza, Matthew E. Butler and John Frazier, Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
* A Cat in Paris, Folimage-Digit Anima/France 3 Cinema-Lumiere/Lunanime; GKids.com. Jean-Loup Felicioli and Alain Gagnol, writers-directors; Jacques Remy Girerd; co-writer-producer; Emmauel Bernard, executive producer.
* Chico & Rita, Isle of Man Film/CinemaNX/Estudio Mariscal-Trueba Producciones Cinematograficas S.A./Magic Light Pictures. Fernando Trueba, Tono Errando and Javier Mariscal, directors; Cristina Huete, Martin Pope and Michael Rose, producers; Steve Christian and Marc Samuelson, executive producers.
* Kung Fu Panda 2, Dreamworks Animation/Paramount-Viacom. Jennifer Yuh Nelson, director; Melissa Cobb, producer; Guillermo del Toro, executive producer; Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger, co-producers.
* Puss in Boots, Dreamworks Animation/Paramount-Viacom. Chris Miller, director; Joe Aguilar and Latifah Ouaou, producers; Guillermo del Toro, Andrew Adamson and Michelle Riamo, executive producers; John H. Willaims, co-executive producer.
* Rango, Industrial Light & Magic-Blind Wink Prods./GK Films-Nickelodeon Movies; Paramount-Viacom. Gore Verbinski, director; Graham King and John B. Carls, producers; Tim Headington, executive producer.
PRODUCTION SOUND & RE-RECORDING
* David Parker, Michael Semanick, Ren Klyce and Bo Persson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
* Tom Fleischman and John Midgley, Hugo.
* Deb Adair, Ron Bochar, David Giammarco and Ed Novick, Moneyball.
* Greg P. Russell, Gary Summers, Jeffrey J. Haboush and Pater J. Devlin, Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
* Gary Rydstrom, Andy Nelson, Tom Johnson and Stuart Wilson, War Horse.
SOUND EFFECTS EDITING
* Lon E. Bender and Victor Ray Ennis, Drive.
* Ren Klyce, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
* Philip Stockton and Eugene Gearty, Hugo.
* Ethan van der Ryn and Erik Aardahl, Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
* Gary Rydstrom and Richard Hymns, War Horse.
* Hell and Back Again, Danfung Dennis, director-producer; Martin Herring and Thomas Brunner, executive producers.
* If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front, Lucky Hat Entertainment and Marshall Curry Prods. in association with the BBC for POV and Independent Television Service, with funding provided by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting; Oscilloscope Pictures. Marshall Curry and Sam Cullman, directors; Matt Hamachek, producer; Steve Bannatyne, Marcia Carver, Sally Jo Fifer, Nick Fraser and Simon Kilmurry, executive producers.
* Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory, HBO Documentary Films. Joe Berlinger, Bruce Sinofsky and Jonathan Silberberg, producers; Sheila Nevins and Justin Wilkes, executive producers.
* Pina, Neue Road Movies/Eurowide Filmproduktion/ZDF/ARTE-L'Arche Editeur-Recorded Picture Co. in association with the Pina Bausch Foundation and Pictorion_das Werk; IFC Films. Wim Wenders, director; Gian-Piero Ringel, producer; Jeremy Thomas, executive producer.
* Undefeated, 5 Smooth Stones Prods.-Level 22 Prods./Zipper Bros. Films/Spitfire Pictures; The Weinstein Co. Daniel Lindsay and T.J. Martin, directors; Ed Cunningham, Seth Gordon, Daniel Lindsay and Glen Zipper, producers; Ralph Zipper, Paolo Coppola, Michele Farinola, Neraj Kohli, Jillian Longnecker, Chris Miller and Nigel Sinclair, executive producers.
DOCUMENTARY SHORT SUBJECT
* The Barber of Birmingham: A Foot-Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement, Chicken & Egg Pictures. Gail Dolgin and Robin Fryday, directors; Judith Helfand, producer.
* God is the Bigger Elvis, Documentress Films-HBO Documentary Films. Rebecca Cammisa and Julie Anderson, directors; Sheila Nevins, executive producer.
* Incident in New Baghdad, James Spione, director-producer; Carol Anne Grayson, executive producer; Mike Altman, co-producer.
* Saving Face, Daniel Junge, director-producer; Alison Greenberg, Davis Coombe, Sharmeen Obadi-Chinoy and Sabiha Surnar, executive producers.
* The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom, Lucy Walker, director.
LIVE-ACTION SHORT SUBJECT
* Pentecost, Peter McDonald, writer-director; Eimear O'Kane, producer.
* Raju, Max Zahle, director; Stefan Gieren, producer; Arindam Sil, executive producer.
* The Shore, Seamus Prods.-Northern Ireland Screen-Lough Shore Investments-Tourism Ireland. Terry George, writer-director; Oorlagh George, producer; Danny Moore, Stephen Morrow and Cathy Mooney, executive producers.
* Time Freak, Andy Bowler, writer-director; Gigi Causey, Luke Geissbuhler, Michael McDermott and Geoffrey Richman, producers.
* Tuba Atlantic, the Norwegian Film School. Hallvar Witzo, director; Gudrun Austli, producer.
ANIMATED SHORT SUBJECT
* Dimanche (Sunday), Patrick Doyon, director.
* The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore, Moonbot Entertainment. William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg, directors; Iddo Lampton Enochs, Jr., Trish Farnsworth-Smith and Alissa M. Kantrow, producers.
* La Luna, Disney-Pixar. Enrico Casarosa, writer-director; Kevin Reher, producer; John Lasseter, executive producer.
* A Morning Stroll, Grant Orchard, writer; Sue Goffe, producer.
* Wild Life, the National Film Board of Canada. Amanda Forbis and Wendy Tilby, writers-directors; Marcy Page and Bonnie Thompson, producers; David Christensen and David Verrall, executive producers.
* From Belgium: Bullhead, Savage Film-Eyeworks Film & TV Drama-Waterlan Film & TV; Drafthouse Films. Michael Roskam, director; Bart van Langendonck, producer.
* From Israel: Footnote, Movie Plus-United King Films/Sony Pictures Classics. Joseph Cedar, director; Leon and Moshe Edery and David Mandil, producers; Michal Graidy, executive producer.
* From Poland: In Darkness, the Film Works-Zeba Films/Schmidtz Katze Filmkollektiv; Sony Pictures Classics. Agnieszka Holland, director; Leander Carell, Marc-Daniel Dichant, Eric Jordan, Patrick Knippel, Juliusz Machulski, Steffen Reuter and Paul Stephens, producers; Carl Woebcken and Anna Maria Zundel, executive producers.
* From Canada: Monsieur Lazhar, micro_scope; Music Box Films. Phillippe Falardeau, writer-director; Luc Dery and Kim McCraw, producers.
* From Iran: A Separation, Asghar Farhadi Prods.-Sony Pictures Classics. Asghar Farhadi, writer-producer-director; Negar Eskandarfar, executive producer.
Well, kids, there they are --- the 84th Annual Academy Award Nominees! Now go make your picks for the winners over at Oscar.com --- and look for the results and my recap of the show here in the ol' Diary of Magecraft, on the Monday after the telecast! See ya then!