Blackwolf the Dragonmaster's Diary of Magecraft

Being a Chronicle of the Inner Secrets of, and Spells of Magick as Wielded by, the Philosopher of the Internet and Unofficial Sorcerer-in-Residence of the City of New York

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

As New York's Unofficial Wizard, my mission is to encourage the Mortals of Manhattan to imagine responsibly!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Checking in w/Father Time!

Howdy-do, Mortals! Father Time here, talking to you again from my Tick-Tock Throne Room --- the same set-piece you probably remember from Rankin/Bass' Rudolph's Shiny New Year. Well, in just a few hours now, 2008 will be the latest to secure a homestead in the Archipelago of Last Years. We're looking forward to welcoming him; and I know things are going to be quite a ball. Assuming that there was plenty of grumbling done all this past year, I'd say.

As I understand it, my old friend Nostradamus guest-blogged here in Master Blackwolf's Diary of Magecraft the other day, boasting about his upcoming History Channel special. And to think all he really wanted to do was talk to his kid about the end of the world. Sometimes, the behavior of Humans excites me in the same way that it tends to frighten me. What? I hear you say. Father Time --- easily frightened? Oh yes indeed! I can't begin to tell you in numbers how many times over the aeons Human history has frightened me. And yet I shoulder on because there's no one else with the power to wield all the magic that I do!

Well, thanks for reading this and looking in. Gotta get back to work now --- just a few more hours before I make my magic. Before I go, though, I need to get something off my chest about how they're doing New Year's Eve now in New York City's Times Square. There was a time when there was just a few noncontroversial elements about the celebrations. Now, there's a company called Countdown Entertainment, whose President and CEO, Mr. Jeffrey Strauss, coordinates these festivities. One tends to wonder what all the fuss is all about. I mean, in 2000, we were able to figure stuff out --- and, as much as I hate to have to admit it, I had a sort of fondness for the 24-hour adventure that was ABC 2000. I wish they'd put the best of that show on DVD, from Peter Jennings' opening comments to Dick Clark's view of New Year's 2000. Ah, those were the days......

Uh oh, I'm running late! See you Mortals out there in a few hours!

Yours etc.,

Father Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home