Blackwolf @ the Oscars 2010: The Nominations
* Avatar, Lightstorm Entertainment/Fox-Newscorp. James Cameron and Jon Landau, producers; Colin Wilson and Laeta Kalogridis, executive producers.
* The Blind Side, Alcon Entertainment/Time Warner. Gil Netter, Andrew A. Kosove, Broderick Johnson, producers; Molly Smith, Timothy Marshall Bourne, Erwin Stoff, executive producers.
* District 9, Wingnut Pictures-Block/Hanson Prods.-QED International/TriStar-Sony. Peter Jackson, Carolynne Cunningham, producers; Bill Block and Ken Kamins, executive producers; Paul Hanson and Elliott Ferwerda, co-executive producers; Phillippa Boyens, co-producer.
* An Education, BBC Films/Finola Dwyer Prods.-Wildgaze Pictures-Endgame Entertainment; Sony Classics. Finola Dwyer and Amanda Posey, producers; Doug Hansen, Nick Hornby, Wendy Japhet, Jamie Laurenson, James D. Stern and David M. Thompson, executive producers.
* The Hurt Locker, Voltage Pictures/Grosvenor Park Media/1st Light Prods./Kingsgate Films; Summit Entertainment. Kathryn Bigelow, Mark Boal, Nicholas Chartier, Greg Shapiro, producers; Tony Mark, executive producer.
* Inglourious Basterds, A Band Apart/Visiona Romantica-NBC Universal/The Weinstein Co. Lawrence Bender, producer; Bob & Harvey Weinstein, Lloyd Phillips, Erica Steinberg, executive producers.
* Precious: Based Upon the Novel Push by Sapphire, Lee Daniels Entertainment/Smokewood Entertainment Group; Lionsgate Pictures. Lee Daniels, Gary Magness, Sarah Siegel-Magness, producers; Tyler Perry, Oprah Winfrey, Lisa Cortes, Tom Heller, executive producers.
* A Serious Man, Mike Zoss Prods.-Le Studio Canal+-Working Title Entertainment/Focus Features-Relativity Media. Joel & Ethan Coen, producers; Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Robert Graf, executive producers.
* Up, Disney/Pixar. Jonas Rivera, producer; John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton, executive producers.
* Up in the Air, Cold Spring Entertainment/DW Studios/The Montecito Picture Co./Rickshaw Prods./Right of Way Films; Paramount-CBS. Ivan and Jason Reitman, Daniel Dubiecki, Jeffrey Clifford, producers; Joe Medjuck, Tom Pollock, Ted Griffin, Michael Beugg, executive producers.
ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
* Jeff Bridges as Bad Blake in Crazy Heart.
* George Clooney as Ryan Bingham in Up in the Air.
* Colin Firth as George in A Single Man.
* Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela in Invictus.
* Jeremy Renner as Sergeant First Class William James in The Hurt Locker.
ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
* Sandra Bullock as Leigh Anne Tuohy in The Blind Side.
* Helen Mirren as Sofya Tolstoy in The Last Station.
* Carey Mulligan as Jenny in An Education.
* Gabourey Sidibe as Precious in Precious: Based Upon the Novel Push by Sapphire.
* Meryl Streep as Julia Child in Julie & Julia.
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
* Matt Damon as Francois Pienaar in Invictus.
* Woody Harrelson as Captain Anthony Stone in The Messenger.
* Christopher Plummer as Count Leo Tolstoy in The Last Station.
* Stanley Tucci as George Harvey in The Lovely Bones.
* Christoph Waltz as Colonel Hans Landa in Inglourious Basterds.
ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
* Penelope Cruz as Carla in Nine.
* Vera Farmiga as Alex Goran in Up in the Air.
* Maggie Gyllenhaal as Jean Craddock in Crazy Heart.
* Anna Kendrick as Natalie Keener in Up in the Air.
* Mo'Nique as Mary in Precious: Based Upon the Novel Push by Sapphire.
* Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker.
* James Cameron, Avatar.
* Lee Daniels, Precious: Based Upon the Novel Push by Sapphire.
* Jason Reitman, Up in the Air.
* Quentin Tarantino, Inglourious Basterds.
* Mark Boal, The Hurt Locker.
* Quentin Tarantino, Inglourious Basterds.
* Alessandro Camon and Oren Moverman, The Messenger.
* Joel & Ethan Coen, A Serious Man.
* Pete Docter, Bob Peterson, Thomas McCarthy, Up.
* Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tachell, District 9. Based upon the short film Alive in Joburg, written and directed by Neill Blomkamp.
* Nick Hornby, An Education. Based upon the memoir by Lynn Barber.
* Jesse Armstrong, Simon Blackwell, Armando Iannucci, Harold Manning, Ian Martin and Tony Roche, In the Loop. Based upon the BBC television series The Thick of It, created by Armando Iannucci.
* Geoffrey Fletcher, Precious: Based Upon the Novel Push by Sapphire. Based upon the novel Push by Sapphire.
* Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner, Up in the Air. Based upon the novel by Walter Kirn.
* Mauro Fiore, Avatar.
* Christian Berger, The White Ribbon.
* Bruno Delbonnel, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
* Barry Ackroyd, The Hurt Locker.
* Robert Richardson, Inglourious Basterds.
ART DIRECTION/SET DECORATION
* Rick Carter, Robert Stromberg, Kim Sinclair, Avatar.
* David Warren, Anastasia Masaro, Caroline Smith, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
* John Myhre and Gordon Sim, Nine.
* Sarah Greenwood and Katie Spencer, Sherlock Holmes.
* Patrice Vermette and Maggie Gray, The Young Victoria.
* Stephen E. Rivkin, John Refoua and James Cameron, Avatar.
* Julian Clarke, District 9.
* Bob Murawski and Chris Innis, The Hurt Locker.
* Sally Menke, Inglourious Basterds.
* Joe Klotz, Precious: Based Upon the Novel Push by Sapphire.
* Janet Patterson, Bright Star.
* Catherine Leterrier, Coco Before Chanel.
* Monique Prudhomme, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
* Colleen Atwood, Nine.
* Sandy Powell, The Young Victoria.
* Aldo Signoretti and Vittorio Sodano, Il Divo.
* Barney Burman, Mindy Hall and Joel Harlow, Star Trek.
* John Henry Gordon and Jenny Shircore, The Young Victoria.
* Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham and Andy Jones, Avatar.
* Dan Kaufman, Peter Muyzers, Robert Habros and Matt Aitken, District 9.
* Roger Guyett, Russell Earl, Paul Kavanagh and Burt Dalton, Star Trek.
* James Horner, Avatar.
* Alexandre Desplat, Fantastic Mr. Fox.
* Marco Beltrami and Buck Sanders, The Hurt Locker.
* Hans Zimmer, Sherlock Holmes.
* Michael Giacchino, Up.
* "The Weary Kind" from Crazy Heart. Music and Lyrics by T-Bone Burnett and Ryan Bingham.
* "Loin de Paname" from Paris 36. Lyrics by Frank Thomas, Music by Reinhardt Wagner.
* "Take It All!" from Nine. Words and Music by Maury Yeston.
* "Down in New Orleans" and "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog. Music and Lyrics by Randy Newman.
* Christopher Boyes, Gary Summers, Andy Nelson and Tony Johnson, Avatar.
* Paul N.J. Ottosson and Ray Beckett, The Hurt Locker.
* Michael Minkler, Tony Lamberti and Mark Ulano, Inglourious Basterds.
* Anna Behlmer, Andy Nelson and Peter J. Devlin, Star Trek.
* Greg P. Russell, Gary Summers and Geoffrey Patterson, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
SOUND EFFECTS EDITING
* Christopher Boyes and Gwendolyn Yates Whittle, Avatar.
* Paul N.J. Ottosson, The Hurt Locker.
* Wylie Stateman, Inglourious Basterds.
* Mark P. Stoeckinger and Alan Rankin, Star Trek.
* Tom Myers and Michael Silvers, Up.
* Coraline, Laika Entertainment-Pandemonium; Focus Features/NBC Universal. Henry Selick, director; Claire Jennings, Bill Mechanic and Mary Sandell, producers; Michael Zoumas, executive producer.
* Fantastic Mr. Fox, Indian Paintbrush/American Empirical Pictures/Regency Pictures; Fox-Newscorp. Wes Anderson, director; Scott Rudin, Allison Abbate, Jeremy Dawson, producers; Arnon Milchan and Steven M. Rales, executive producers.
* The Princess and the Frog, Disney. Ron Clements and John Musker, directors; Peter Del Vecho, producer; John Lasseter and Aghi D. Koh, executive producers.
* The Secret of Kells, Les Armateurs/Vivi Film-Cartoon Saloon; GKids.tv. Tomm Moore and Nora Twomey, directors; Paul Young, Didier Brunner, Viviane Vanfleteren, producers; Ivan Rouvreure, executive producer.
* Up, Disney/Pixar. Pete Docter and Bob Peterson, directors; Jonas Rivera, producer; John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton, executive producers.
* From Israel: Ajami, Inosan Prods.-2020 Vision Filmproduktion GmbH/ARTE-ZDF/Vertigo Film; Kino International. Yaron Shani and Scandar Copti, writers/directors; Moshe Danon and Thanassis Karathanos, producers; James Richardson, executive producer.
* From Germany: The White Ribbon, X-Filme Creative Pool/WegaFilm/Lucky Red/Les Films du Losange; Sony Classics. Michael Haneke, writer-director; Stefan Arndt, Veit Heiduschka, Andrea Occhipinti, producers; Michael Katz, executive producer.
* From Argentina: The Secret in Their Eyes, Haddock Films/100 Bares/Tornasol Films in association with Television Federale. Juan Jose Campanella, writer-director; Mariela Besuievski, Gerardo Herrero, Vanessa Ragone, executive producers.
* From France: A Prophet, Why Not Prods.-Chic Films/Page 114-UGC-Celluloid Dreams/France 2 Cinema. Jacques Audiard, director; Lauranne Bourrachot, Martine Cassinelli, Marco Cherqui, producers.
* From Peru: The Milk of Sorrow, Oberon Cinematografica/Vela Producciones/Wandavision, S.A. Claudia Llosa, writer-director; Antonio Chavarrias and Jose Maria Morales, producers.
* Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country, Kamoli Films/Magic Hour Film ApS; HBO. Anders Ostergaard, director; Lise Lense-Moller, producer; Fredrik Gertten, Torstein Nybe and Helle Ulsteen, co-producers.
* The Cove, Diamond Docs/Fishfilms-Quickfire Pictures/Oceanic Preservation Society; Lionsgate Pictures/Roadside Attractions. Louis Psihoyos, director; Fisher Stevens and Paula DuPre Pesman, producers; Jim Clark, executive producer.
* Food, Inc., Magnolia Pictures/Participant Media/River Road Entertainment. Robert Kenner, director; Elise Pearlstein, producer; William Pohlad, Robin Schorr, Jeffrey Skoll and Diane Weyerman, executive producers.
* The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers, Kovno Communications/First Run Features. Judith Ehrlich and Rick Goldsmith, writers/producers/directors.
* Which Way Home?, Mr. Mudd Prods.-Documentress Films/Reason Pictures-White Buffalo Entertainment; HBO Documentary Films. Rebecca Cammisa, director; Bristol Baughan, Benjamin Goldhirsh, Lianne Halfon, John Malkovich and Russell Smith, executive producers.
DOCUMENTARY SHORT SUBJECT
* China's Unnatural Disaster: The Tears of Sichuan Province, HBO Documentary Films. Jon Alpert and Matthew O'Neill, producers/directors; Michelle Mi, Ming Xia, Peter Kwong, producers; Sheila Nevins, executive producer.
* The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner, HBO Documentary Films. Daniel Junge, director; Davis Coombe and Henry Ansbacher, producers.
* The Last Truck: The Closing of a GM Plant, HBO Documentary Films. Steven Bognar and Julia Reichert, writers/producers/directors; Sheila Nevins, executive producer.
* Rabbit a la Berlin, MS Films/Ma Ja De Filmproduktion/Telewizja Polska-Lichtpunt. Bartosz Konopka, director; Anna Wydra and Heino Deckert, producers.
* Music by Prudence, iThemba Prods./HBO Documentary Films. Roger Ross Williams, director/producer.
* The Door, Octagon Films. Juanita Wilson, director; James Flynn and Louise Curran, producers.
* Instead of Abracadabra, Patrik Eklund, writer-director; Mathias Fjallstrom, producer.
* Kavi, Gregg Kelvey, writer-director; Guneet Monga and Harish Amin, producers.
* Miracle Fish, Druid Films/Blue-Tongue Films/Qoob. Luke Doolan, writer-director; Drew Bailey, producer; Nash Edgerton and Lucia Nicolai, executive producers.
* The New Tenants, M&M Productions/Park Pictures. Joachim Back, director; Tivi Magnusson, Erika Hampson, Sam Bisbee, Johanne Stryhn Felding and Christian Potalivo, producers; Gigi Realini and Jean Villiers, executive producers.
* French Roast, Bibo Films/The Pumpkin Factory. Fabrice Joubert, writer-director; Bibo Bergeron, producer.
* Granny O'Grimm's Sleeping Beauty, Brown Bag Films. Nicky Phelan, director; Darragh O'Connell, producer.
* The Lady and the Reaper, Javier Recio Gracia, writer-director.
* Logorama!, Francois Alaux, Herve de Crecy, Ludovic Houplain, writers/producers/directors; Nicolas Schmerkin, executive producer.
* Wallace & Gromit in "A Matter of Loaf and Death," Aardman Animations with YLE Finland in association with the BBC. Nick Park, creator-director; Steve Pegram, producer; Peter Lord, David Sproxton and Miles Bullough, executive producers.
Well, Mortals, there you have it: Oscar's Class of 2010! The secrets will be revealed on Sunday evening, March 7th, LIVE from the Kodak Theatre. And count on your humble Dragonmaster to bring you all the low down dirty nonsense bright and early on the morning after! (Now, if you don't mind, I must head back to me humble hovel. Oscar once more knows how to take the wind out of this ol' Wizard's sails! Whew!)